The recycling industry is always in a state of flux.
Through the ups and downs and all-arounds, we’re here to help your insureds stay in business.
Amwins Program Underwriters’ RecycleGuard program caters to the unique exposures and risk handling needs often faced by recycling operators. Over the last 25 years, we have gained first-hand knowledge that comes from visiting facilities and learning how the day-to-day trade works, which is the key to understanding the recycling industry’s unique risk exposures.
For the past 20 years, RecycleGuard has been the only property & casualty insurance program sponsored by the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI).
RecycleGuard features tailored solutions for businesses with primary operations in the recycling of scrap metal, electronics, paper, plastic, glass, rubber, textiles, and automobiles.
The following types of recycling operations are eligible for the program:
- Scrap metal
SIC class codes:
- 3341 - Secondary non-ferrous metal processing
- 5051 - Metal processing centers
- 5093 - Scrap material
- 2611 - Pulp mill recycling
- 3089 - Plastic products, NOC
- 4953 - Refuse system, NOC (with recycling component)
- 5015 - Auto parts recycling/dismantling
General liability class codes:
- 15406 - Metal scrap dealers
- 16009 - Paper, rag or rubber stock dealers; distributors - secondhand
- 47146 - Recycling collection centers other than not for profit
- 56900 - Metals extraction or refining (smelting)
- 58058 - Plastic recyclers who grind or shred plastic
- 54077 - Glass recyclers
- 59985 - Wood pallet recycling
- 10256 - Concrete and asphalt recyclers - C&D
- 47146 - eScrap recyclers
- 91190 - Auto dismantling and recycling
- 45993 - Recycled material brokers
- General liability
- Impaired property
- Equipment breakdown (including production machinery)
- Inland marine
- Conversion coverage (Purchasing product/stock/material for recycling from a seller who does not have legal title or possession)
- Products (redefined to clarify coverage for material to be recycled, reconditioned or reclaimed)
- Limited pollution
- Professional liability for document destruction
- Stock (available with manufacturer's selling price valuation clause)
- Workers' compensation (available through AmeriComp Recycling)
Coverage is provided on an admitted basis unless otherwise indicated.
Additional policy options
- Individually designed large deductible or self insured retention program
- Traditional guaranteed cost insurance
- Audits can be based on payroll or tonnage to avoid fluctuations caused by changes in commodity pricing