For over 20 years, the RecycleGuard insurance program has been a leading insurance provider to the recycling industry. Whether it's metal, plastic, glass, paper, rubber, textile, electronics or a combination of them all, RecycleGuard is the premier commercial insurance and risk management program in recycling. In fact, it's the only one sponsored by the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI).
Businesses with primary operations in the recycling of:
- Scrap Metal
- 3341 Secondary Non-Ferrous Metal Processing
- 5051 Metal Processing Centers
- 5093 Scrap Material
- 261103 Pulp Mill Recycling
- 308999 Plastic Products, NOC
- 4953399 Refuse System, NOC (With Recycling Component)
- 5015 Auto Parts Recycling/Dismantling
To participate in the program an insured must be eligible for one of the following General Liability class codes:
- 15406 Metal Scrap Dealers
- 16009 Paper, Rag or Rubber Stock Dealers & Distributors- Secondhand
- 47146 Recycling Collection Centers Other Than Not For Profit
- 56900 Metals Extraction or Refining (smelting)
- 58058 Plastic Recyclers who grind or shred plastic
- 54077 Glass Recyclers
- 59985 Wood Pallet Recycling
- 10256 Concrete and Asphalt recyclers - C & D
- 47146 eScrap Recyclers
- 91190 Auto Dismantling and Recycling
- 45993 Recycled Material Brokers
The program is available in all U.S. states and Canada.
- General Liability
- Impaired Property
- Equipment Breakdown (including Production Machinery)
- Inland Marine
- Environmental and General Liability Exposures (EAGLE) Program (r)** available
- Conversion Coverage available (Purchasing product/stock/material for recycling from a seller who does not have legal title or possession)
- Products Coverage Redefined to clarify coverage for material to be recycled, reconditioned or reclaimed
- Limited Pollution Coverage Available
- Audits can be based on payroll or tonnage to avoid fluctuations caused by changes in commodity pricing
- Professional Liability for Document Destruction (available via ShredderGuard)
- Coverage for stock available with manufacturer's selling price valuation clause
- Workers' Compensation - available through AmeriComp Recycling
- Individually Designed Large Deductible or Self Insured Retention Program
- Traditional Guaranteed Cost Insurance
Coverage is provided on an admitted basis unless otherwise indicated.
- Completed industry standard applications, signed by the insured, including detailed property information to include construction, occupancy, square footage and age.
- For New Ventures, a copy of the owner's and manager's resumes
- RecycleGuard Supplemental Questionnaire is REQUIRED with all submissions.
- In addition to the Supplemental Questionnaire listed above:
- Supplemental - Rubber
- Supplemental - Auto Dismantler
- 5 years of recently valued company loss runs (a loss summary is helpful)
- Details on losses over $10,000
- Full description of operations, including those of additional Named Insureds
- Expiring premiums and target premiums for all lines of coverage
- Drivers list, including MVR's
- Complete vehicle identification numbers (VIN)
- Current experience modification worksheet
- Equipment Breakdown application if coverage is desired
Please refer to the RecycleGuard Submission Checklist to ensure you have everything you need.
Please send submissions to: email@example.com
*This is intended as a brief overview of the coverages offered. Please ask for complete copies of policies for a full description of coverage.
**Registered Trademark of American International Group, Inc. All rights reserved.