Our Goal: Navigating Risk and Helping Law Firms Get Back to Business
There are more than 1.3 million lawyers in the U.S. with a 10.4% industry growth rate in the last ten years. Since 2010, the number of lawyers increasing nationally has outpaced the nation’s population growth rate which means there are roughly four lawyers for every 1,000 residents. For over 40 years, Amwins Program Underwriters’ Lawyers Professional insurance program has offered professional liability coverage for law firms located in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont with 1 to 34 attorneys.
Your clients work hard to protect their firm, their reputation, and their bottom line from a multitude of risks. Amwins Program Underwriters’ Lawyers Professional program is designed to help you with informed decision-making, handling your clients’ business needs accurately and efficiently, so you can get back to doing what you do best.
- Definition of insured broadened to include attorneys who are government affairs advisors or lobbyists
- Supplementary payments
- Loss of earnings
- Disciplinary proceeding coverage
- Regulatory inquiry
- Crisis event coverage
- Subpoena assistance
- Pre-claims assistance
- Full prior acts coverage (subject to underwriting)
- Broad definition of insured & legal services
- Settlement clause – no "hammer" clause
- Privacy injury and identify theft
- Privacy and client network damage claims included in the definition of "claims"
- Optional extended reporting period (tail) available
- Free retirement tail
- Free death/disability tail
- Risk management incentives & tools
- CNA webinars and On-Demand classes offering CLE credits to attorneys. If attorneys successfully complete one of these, they are eligible for a loss control credit on their policy for two years.
- Legal practice articles
- CNA's Lawyers Toolkit (includes assistance with engagement letters and a hotline for questions)
- Pro bono deductible waiver
- Completed new business application
- Loss runs
- Firm's engagement letter
- Copy of firm's current letterhead
Please send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.