Handling risk is our sacred duty. We help protect those who lay foundations that change skylines.
The U.S. construction industry provides jobs and drives the economy. Contractors face demanding and complex challenges on the commercial job site, and we understand every business is created differently. Although crane accidents are rare, when they do happen, they can be costly.
Amwins Program Underwriters has built a reputation of managing niche insurance programs for more than 30 years and acts as an extension of your team to deliver tailored underwriting programs that exceed your expectations, no matter how complex the situation.
Accessed through designated retailers and brokers, APU’s Crane & Rigging Specialty Contractors program is a dedicated specialty insurance offering, available in all states and backed by a non-admitted carrier, rated “A,” financial size XV by A.M. Best.
Specialty commercial contractors acting solely as subcontractors for the following classes of business:
- Iron, steel, concrete panel, pre-fabricated building erection
- Commercial construction equipment rental and transportation contractors
- Bridge reconstruction
- Concrete construction
- Energy related subcontracting operations (off-shore operations excluded)
- Off-shore contractor operations
- Risks outside of the U.S.
- General liability
- Riggers liability
- Follow-form excess
Designated retail agents and brokers will also have access to place the following optional lines of coverage through the Crane & Rigging Specialty Contractors program:
- Business auto
- Inland marine
- Workers’ compensation
- Fully completed, current industry standard application
- Crane & Rigging Specialty Contractors supplemental application
- 5 year currently valued loss experience
- Contract/job ticket specimen copy
- A complete copy of the current expiring policy and the equipment list for the primary GL