Amwins Excess Flood Insurance Program is specifically designed for home or business owners who already have the maximum amount of coverage available under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or private flood carrier but need additional coverage to protect their higher-valued assets.
- Wide availability – Single-family homes, warehouses, condominiums (RCBAP), apartment complexes, office buildings, hotels, motels, restaurants, shopping centers, timeshares, co-ops.
- “A” rated carriers – Coverage issued by AM Best “A” rated or better insurers.
- Simple underwriting – Based on elevation, flood zone, number of stories, distance to water, foundation, and construction type.
- Generous limits – Up to $20M in combined limits for building and contents available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the coverage availability?
- Coverage is available for building, contents, and Business Income (BI) or Additional Living Expense (ALE) is available for residential and commercial risks.
- Risks under the NFIP’s Emergency Program, under probation, or located in Non-Participating communities are eligible.
What are the ineligible risks?
- Manufactured or mobile homes
- Boat houses
- Structures not built on permanent foundations
- Buildings located partially or entirely over water
- Locations with more than two losses in the last five years or locations with one loss in excess of $100,000.
- Container-type buildings
Our knowledgeable underwriters and support staff are available to assist you at any time.
Click here for a Quote