CHARLOTTE, N.C. (June 22, 2020) – Amwins Program Underwriters (“APU”) today announced a new carrier partnership to provide insurance solutions for APU’s Metal & Plastics, Natural Gas Distributors, Trailer & Work Truck Manufacturers and Water Well Contractors programs, effective
Rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the new carrier is recognized as one of the world’s leading reinsurers with a dedicated focus on property and casualty specialty programs. The organization underwrites innovative property
and casualty solutions for both standard and hard-to-place risks on an admitted and non-admitted basis. The multi-line programs included in this announcement are available nationwide.
“We have identified a new carrier that is committed to the program business space which will provide the ideal support and continuity for our retailers,” said Ben Francavilla, President of Amwins Program Underwriters. “We are looking
forward to this new relationship, which provides us with the ability to enhance our current programs with additional solutions that focus on the specific needs of these niche industries.”
In addition to the comprehensive coverages currently accessed through these programs, enhancements as a result of the new carrier will include:
New Coverages Available (for all four programs)
• Blanket Building and Business Personal Property coverage (across all locations within a single state)
• Broadened General Liability Enhancement Form:
- $1,000,000 limit for Damage to Premises Rented to You
- $10,000 limit for Medical Payments
- Broadened Definition of Insured
- Automatic Additional Insured: When Required by Written Contract or Agreement, Managers or Lessors of Premises,
Mortgagee, Assignee or Receiver, and Vendors.
- Limited Product Withdrawal Expense Coverage
- Blanket Waiver Transfer of Rights of Recovery Against Others to Us
- Each Location and Each Project Aggregates
• Broadened Auto Enhancement Form:
- Automatic Additional Insured
- Broadened Who Is An Insured
- Limited Fellow Employee Coverage
- Waiver of Transfer of Rights of Recovery Against Others To Us
“The APU team is committed to providing specialized solutions to the evolving challenges our clients are facing in the marketplace, and the enhancements to our programs as a result of the new partnership have further strengthened our comprehensive
offerings for these markets,” said Dan Curran, Senior Vice President & Underwriting Officer. “We will continue to focus on the superior level of service we are known for during this transition.”
Amwins Program Underwriters is a managing general agency within the Underwriting division of AmWINS Group, Inc. (“AmWINS”), a global distributor of specialty insurance products and services.
About Amwins Program Underwriters
Amwins Program Underwriters (APU) is a managing general agency (MGA) specializing in affinity and program management. For more than 30 years, APU has developed and maintained programs for a variety of niche markets that provide broad-based property and
casualty coverage. Today, the company administers over 35 programs, generating premiums in excess of $375 million. For more information, visit www.amwins.com/apu.
About Amwins Group, Inc.
Amwins Group, Inc. is the largest independent wholesale distributor of specialty insurance products in the United States, dedicated to serving retail insurance agents by providing property and casualty products, specialty group benefit products and administrative
services. Based in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates through more than 115 offices globally and handles premium placements in excess of $20 billion annually.