AmWINS Group, Inc. (“AmWINS”) has been a leader in the wholesale insurance industry since its formation in 1998. The firm is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina and has 98 locations across 17 countries, including 72 in the United States. The firm has expertise across a diversified mix of property, casualty and group benefits products. AmWINS also offers value-added services to support some of these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
With more than 3,300 employees, AmWINS is an amalgamation of 30+ wholesale brokerage, underwriting and group benefit operations which have been acquired over the course of 12 years. The firm currently receives more than 675,000 submissions a year from retail insurance agents across the United States. More than $10.2 billion in premium placements makes AmWINS the largest wholesale broker in the U.S. as ranked by Business Insurance magazine. AmWINS has extensive relationships with more than 20,000 retail insurance brokerage firms and more than 1,500 insurance underwriting firms.
Recent recognition for AmWINS:
- Ranked the largest P&C wholesale broker in the U.S. by premiums placed (Business Insurance, September 2014)
- Ranked the largest wholesale broker (P&C and benefits) in the U.S. by premiums placed (Business Insurance, September 2014)
- Charlotte Business Journal Fast 50 (2010, 2011, 2012)
- #1 fastest growing company in Charlotte by dollar revenue growth (2011, 2012)
- Ranked #15 on the Best’s Review’s 2014 list of top global insurance brokers (ranked by prior year annual revenue)
- Ranked #11 on the 2012 North Carolina Mid-Market Fast 40 (Business North Carolina's ranking of the fastest growing middle-market companies in NC based on combination of workforce and three-year revenue growth)
- Ranked #9 on the 2014 Grant Thornton North Carolina 100 (largest privately held companies in NC based on revenue)
- 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Winner (Financial Services Category) – Steve DeCarlo, CEO
AmWINS Brokerage is a wholesale insurance broker of property & casualty and financial services products, focusing on difficult to place commercial coverage in excess & surplus (E&S) and specialty admitted insurance markets. More than 330 brokers across 40+ offices specialize in various types of risks, business classes and lines of business. Click here
to learn more about our P&C brokerage capabilities.
AmWINS Underwriting consists of eleven operating entities that specialize in underwriting niche property & casualty insurance programs. These entities are known as MGUs, or managing general underwriters, and they underwrite and bind insurance coverage on behalf of carriers that have given them the authority to do so. Click here
to learn more about the companies that make up AmWINS Underwriting. Click here
to learn more about our underwriting capabilities.
Group Benefits Division:
AmWINS Group Benefits is a wholesale broker and group insurance administrator providing benefit professionals with the power to solve complex issues for their clients. The division services 843,000 member lives among 10,000 employer groups. Click here
to learn more about the companies that make up AmWINS Group Benefits.
Our International Division operates as full service insurance and reinsurance brokerage network in 30 offices across 17 countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, The Netherlands, United States, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom. Click here
to learn more about the companies that make up this division.